Why choose Pregnancy Massage?
Carrying a baby inside you changes your centre of gravity and puts a lot of stress on your back, neck, abdominal muscles, and shoulders. Pregnancy also relaxes your ligaments, so that your pelvic joints are less stable and changes your posture, pulling your pelvis forward adding to that the extra weight you're carrying and you may find you've got an aching lower back. Prenatal / Pregnancy massage helps to relax tense muscles, ease sore spots, improve circulation and mobility, and just make you feel good. It's also tailored specifically to the needs of pregnant women and their changing bodies. Therapists who are trained in prenatal massage adjust their techniques accordingly.
Benefits that a mother may experience:
• Reduces swelling in hands, feet and ankle
• Lessens sciatic pain
• Eases muscular discomforts in areas like the low back & neck, calf cramps, it also helps with tension and tightening that can be experienced throughout the body
• Tones lose muscles relaxes tense muscles and can help increase flexibility.
• Helps with relaxation which in turn can decrease insomnia
• Increases blood and lymph flow which can help increase the elimination of toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems, this can also help with fatigue.
• Increases oxygen in the blood, sometimes on up to 10-15% after a massage.
• Strengthens the immune system
• Stimulates the release of endorphins, the body's natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system, which is passed on to the baby.
• Helps relieve anxiety or depression
• Helps increase blood circulation, which in turn delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby.
• Can be used during the birth as well as after making both experiences easier and more comfortable
• Eases stress mothers often feel after the birth
Our Practitioner - Helen G Theodoulou, MTI (Level 4) Tel: 97742998
(Call for more info or to book)