Often we unaware of this #miscommunication, which makes the situation worse.
As you become aware of this, or if you want to convey a message better, words like, "I'm sorry if this may sound..." or "I #apologise, as this is what I meant..." really work wonders. [Being 'unapologetically you' here, isn't useful!]
Other ways to minimise communication breakdown are:
- 'Listen' to yourself as you speak
- Be initially aware of others #viewpoint
- Use non-confrontational words and positive #nonverbal gestures.
- Some people just pause and wait to reply. Instead listen and #respond.
- Avoid texting if you can. [Big topic here!]
If you like discussing topics to the core, join us for the next Philosophy Cafe, on 24/10. We literally have to tear ourselves away...